Coronavirus – information about traveling offshore
Before you travel offshore, you must read the Offshore travel instruction for the field you are going to. On this page you will also find information about Covid-19 testing and departure hotels.
(Updated 19 March)
Before travelling offshore, you must be aware of the following
- If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of respiratory disease (for example fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath), or other symptoms (for example fever, stomach pain, diarrhoea, reduced sense of taste and smell, muscle pain or generally feeling unwell), you must contact the Aker BP nurse well before departure. It would be preferable for you to take a Covid-19 test in your home municipality.
- If you have undergone a Covid-19 infection, you can travel offshore once at least 10 days have passed from when symptoms presented, you have been fever-free for at least 24 hours and have tested negative (PCR) for Covid-19. People who have not had symptoms of infection must wait 10 days from the testing date.
- If you have been in contact with people with suspected or confirmed Covid-19, you must not travel offshore until 10 days have passed since such contact, or the suspected patient has tested negative for Covid-19.
- If you live in, or have spent time in countries subject to mandatory quarantine over the last ten days prior to departure, you should contact your employer as soon as possible to clarify the need for testing and other follow-up.
If any of these factors apply to you, you must contact your immediate supervisor before reporting at the heliport.
If you have questions, please contact the Aker BP nurse at your destination – before travelling to the heliport or departure hotel.
The following applies for personnel already on board the installation: Individual operators must undertake a risk assessment for personnel already on board.
Aker BP carries out Covid-19 testing of all personnel prior to departure to our assets. This applies for both Aker BP personnel and contractors. The tests are conducted by personnel from our occupational health service at the departure hotel Clarion Hotel Air, Sola and in Brønnøysund.
For personnel from abroad or urgent inquiries, please submit your booking to email@example.com.
Note: In order for the booking to go through, you must include text in the “stikkord til legen” (keywords for the doctor) field; write “Covid-19 test”. You will receive feedback via SMS with your confirmed appointment. If you are going to stay at the departure hotel, we want you to book an appointment as early as possible during your stay at the hotel.
The web booking is only available if you have a Norwegian phone number. If you have a foreign telephone number, you must instead call Aker Care at +47 406 43 103. The Aker Care telephone line is open all workdays between 7-15.
Aker BP has established an arrangement with departure hotels for personnel with departure from Sola and Brønnøysund.
Clarion Hotel Air, Utsolaarmen 16, 4055 Sola
Booking via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 51 71 85 03 Reservation code: GR007426
Thon Hotel Brønnøysund, Sømnaveien 98, 8900 Brønnøysund
Booking through e-mail: email@example.com or Egencia. Aker BP employees must use Egencia. Reservation code: NA
Links to instructions
Offshore travel instructions
Applies for everyone travelling offshore to one of Aker BP’s facilities, or Maersk/Odfjell facilities on assignment for Aker BP, as shown below:
- If you are going to Valhall, Ula, Skarv, Ivar Aasen, Alvheim, Maersk Invincible or Maersk Integrator, the Aker BP offshore travel instructions apply.
- If you are going to Deepsea Nordkapp or Deepsea Stavanger, the Odfjell travel instructions apply.
Company instruction for work onshore (Updated 19.03)
The company instruction for work onshore apply for those working or going to work at one of Aker BP’s office locations.