Senior Well Intervention Engineer
21 August 2022Apply
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
Aker BP provides exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidates. The company is a perfect arena for creative, innovative and bold ideas. We let you influence our future. You can make a difference!
Senior Well Intervention Engineer with CT and / or Wireline Experience:
The holder of this position will be member of the Operations Intervention Alliance in the Drilling & Wells organization within Aker BP. The position reports to the D&W Engineering Manager – Interventions.
The position supports Aker BP common strategies and is a champion for the improvement of the Operations Intervention Alliance through alliance building, Lean, digitalization and flexible business models.
In this role you will lead and ensure safe and cost-effective planning of Aker BP well intervention projects, with special focus on CT and wireline jobs. Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with internal and external requirements. Follow up planned jobs in operational phase as ‘Job officer’ in collaboration with D&W Operations Manager and Alliance partners.
Typical tasks will include:
- Produce quality intervention programs and plans consistent with Aker BP HSSE policy and internal/external regulatory requirements
- Support the well intervention team throughout the project by monitoring activities, reviewing plans, establishing efficient lines of communication and promoting consistent distribution of information with all groups in the project
- Give onshore/offshore operational technical support in the well intervention project
- Ensure proper experience transfer within the project, and also make sure that relevant experience from similar projects is known in the project
- Maintaining well interventions budgets and expenditure tracking
- Lead risk assessment sessions and incorporate mitigation action plans
- Specify equipment and services required to achieve the desired outcome
- Monitor, track and analyse performance during the project
- Keep updated about new equipment and new working techniques, and ascertain implementation of this when necessary for the accomplishment of cost-efficient wells
- Initiate and contribute to revisions of the relevant mandatory and guiding documents
- Identify and handle dispensations and non-conformances if/when necessary
- Actively use Alliance partners, digitalization, Lean and flexible business models as tools to improve planning
- Opportunity to travel offshore
- Relevant engineering degree and/or hands-on experience with wireline and coiled tubing
- More than 5 years of relevant wells experience
- Technical training / competency as per guidelines for discipline and position
- Good knowledge of the English and the Norwegian language
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- If we are going to improve, we must continuously build expertise and experience. This means that you must derive motivation from developing others
- We constantly strive to help each other improve. If you are a good communicator, we will work well together.
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. That’s why we are committed to providing you with varied experience and enhancing your expertise so you can build a CV for the future!
- We want the brightest minds, and the ones that believe in the objectives we are working towards. If you are one of them, we will offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to earn bonuses, a share savings programme and a good pension scheme.
- We know that good health and a good work-life balance are key factors for job satisfaction. That’s why we have good cafeterias, work-out facilities and flexibility – in both working hours and work location.
- We look after each other here. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Application deadline: 21.08.2022
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates. We ask that you enclose your diploma/grade transcript with your application.
Contact information: Eleanor Bell – firstname.lastname@example.org
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
About Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.