Technical Data Specialist
22. oktober 2023Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
We value diversity and everyone who works in Aker BP shall feel involved, included, and respected. We want everyone to thrive at work and develop in their roles, and are looking for you, who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
We have big plans – do you want to be part of them?
We, in DataOps, consider ourselves the key for unlocking the full potential of data and making sure Aker BP becomes the first data-driven E&P company. Together with you, we will provide trusted data in an industrialized, scalable, and sustainable way, making it an asset that drives innovation and growth that create the highest possible value for the company.
As a Technical Data Specialist in DataOps, in a team with great colleagues, you will coordinate and support the organization with in-depth capabilities and expertise to secure the best environment for visualization and analytics.
In this role, you will:
- Be the focal point and coordinator between the business and the relevant service providers
- Have system ownership to the company’s main visualization tools and continuously improve governance and processes related to how we best take advantage of these tools
- Establish common communication channels and procedures for information sharing and collaboration
Typical tasks will include:
- Daily co-ordination of requests from the business
- Support and development of internal (DataOps) requests
- Facilitate and enable community building to support and accelerate change
- Partner with data consumers and stakeholders from relevant disciplines to understand and define relevant requirements
- Assist in updating and setting standards, policies and processes
- Contact point towards relevant service providers
- Contact point towards Data Platform and Data Warehouse
- Administrative tasks relevant to resource pool
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in data analytics, information management or information technology (industrial and subject matter experience may compensate for missing formal background)
- High level skills and a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in data visualization and related tools e.g. Power BI and Grafana
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with creativity and ability to critical thinking and problem solving
- Digital change implementation/execution experience
- Oil & Gas Industry Experience is an advantage
- High level of proficiency in Norwegian or English, both verbal and written.
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- We are a sector in the midst of evolution, so it is important that you see opportunities rather than threats.
- We make our decisions based on data, which is why you must be analytical and see the bigger picture.
- We solve substantial challenges together, so you must have the ability to motivate and create enthusiasm in others.
- If we are going to improve, we must continuously build expertise and experience. This means that you must derive motivation from developing others.
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. That’s why we are committed to providing you with varied experience and enhancing your expertise so you can build a CV for the future!
- We want the brightest minds, and the ones that believe in the objectives we are working towards. If you are one of them, we will offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to earn bonuses, a share savings programme and a good pension scheme.
- We know that good health and a good work-life balance are key factors for job satisfaction. That’s why we have good cafeterias, work-out facilities and flexibility – in both working hours and work location.
- We look after each other here. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes.
- Our offices have focus on universal design – available for all
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Locations: Stavanger, Oslo. Please specify your preferred location in your application.
Application deadline: 22.10.2023
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates. We ask that you enclose your diploma/grade transcript with your application.
Contact information: Jostein Bjerkan, Data Operations Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.