Summer Student 2023 – Technology Development
2. oktober 2022Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience within a relevant field of expertise and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You will get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
The Technology department is responsible for delivering technologies that improve operations and reduce emissions from existing O&G installations, and that enable sustainable development of new fields. This summer, we would like to offer you a chance to work with new technologies, support us with ongoing research and development projects as well as strategy development. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs combined with your field of expertise and your interests.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Support ongoing research and development (R&D) projects
- Work with Assets to find solutions to some of their key challenges
- Evaluate potential new R&D projects
- Input to Aker BP’s technology strategy
- You are in your 3rd or 4th year of a master program within science and technology
- You are interested in innovation and technology
- English and Norwegian language working proficiency
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing lessons learned and concerned with continuous improvement.
- Takes initiative and are a clear communicator, comfortable with sharing in large groups.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript(s) by 02.10.2022
Please note that applications without a diploma/preliminary transcript(s) will not be evaluated.
Contact information: Kristin Moe Elgsaas – email@example.com
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
Om Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.