Summer Student 2023- Subsea
2. oktober 2022Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You’ll get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
The Subsea Operations department is responsible for safe and efficient operation of subsea oil and gas production equipment. This includes Xmas Trees, manifolds, pipelines, umbilicals, risers and subsea control systems. We operate the equipment, perform planned maintenance and inspection, and manage any issues that arise. We are also developing new digital solutions to transform how we work, principally using state-of-the-art software to link risk, equipment condition and performance management in a new way.
Next summer, we’d like to offer you a chance to work in the Subsea Operations team and support us with either our day-to-day operations or our digital transformation. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs combined with your field of expertise and your interests.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Perform risk assessment for planned activities, and be responsible for follow up actions
- Get involved with fault finding and troubleshooting day-to-day operational challenges
- Support fault and failure investigations to understand why things have gone wrong and to identify solutions
- Populate digital systems with operational information and test system performance
- Update Subsea Operations mapping systems with latest field attributes
- Support Project design and delivery of new equipment
- Enrolled in a master’s program within a relevant engineering discipline, e.g. Mechanical, Process, Civil, Subsea, Automation, Mathematics, Data Science, etc.
- Interested in and knowledge about technology, machinery, processes or information
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing lessons learned and concerned with continuous improvement.
- Takes initiative and are a clear communicator, comfortable with sharing in large groups.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript(s) by 02.10.2022
Please note that applications without a diploma/preliminary transcript(s) will not be evaluated.
Contact information: Torbjørg Opedal – email@example.com
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
Om Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.