Summer Student 2023 – Estimating and Benchmarking
2. oktober 2022Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience within a relevant field of expertise and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You will get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
The estimating and benchmarking department is responsible to provide a complete estimating and benchmarking service to support the evaluation of new prospects and sanctioning of projects in Aker BP (DG0 – DG4). Furthermore, the role may also involve estimates for Decommissioning, Operations, Exploration and 3rd party enquiries. The role requires the estimator and benchmarking analyst to facilitate all aspects of the estimating and benchmarking process such as estimate planning, estimate development, benchmarking and review. The estimator and benchmarking analyst is responsible for assuring the quality the estimate and benchmark towards management and partners and is a key role in the project decision-making process. Further the benchmarking analyst plays a key role analyzing and communicating performance of ongoing projects and historical projects
This summer, we would like to offer you a chance to take part of the further development of the Corporate Memory benchmarking data base and support us with activities such as performance analysis of ongoing projects, set top quartile targets and play a role in the support of further development of the company estimating system. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs combined with your field of expertise and your interests.
Typical work tasks can be:
- System and data improvement Corporate Memory benchmarking database (Power BI)
- Perform analytics and suggest use of KPI for the FERM experience database (Offshore Modification projects)
- Collection of ongoing and historical data for performance analysis, input to corporate memory and further development of the estimating system structuring of databases and gathering estimating/benchmarking data/ information.
- Communicate and suggest project KPI based on data analytics
- Ad-hoc tasks depending on needs,
- Enrolled in a relevant bachelor or master program within Industrial Economy, Engineering or Economy (assumed good technical understanding/interest) and is in your 3rd or 4th year (if relevant).
- Masters excel and Power BI
- English and Norwegian language working proficiency
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing lessons learned and concerned with continuous improvement.
- Takes initiative and are a clear communicator, comfortable with sharing in large groups.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript(s) by 02.10.2022
Please note that applications without a diploma/preliminary transcript(s) will not be evaluated.
Contact information: Bjarte Ueland Ims – Bjarte.Ueland.Ims@akerbp.com
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
Om Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.