Senior Subsea Engineer
2. april 2023Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
D&W Subsea is responsible for managing subsea tasks related to drilling and wells operations. This involves the subsea engineering role in well project, preparing operation procedures, follow-up the operations and analysis and reporting of performed work.
In this role, you will be responsible for technical engineering work in all phases of the well projects in order to ascertain safe and efficient operations.
Typical tasks will include:
- Prepare subsea operation procedures for the well, follow-up the operation, analyse the performed work and contribute to the experience transfer in the well project.
- Contribute to the drilling and completion technical work.
- Perform subsea-engineering services in the well project, onshore and offshore, in order to accomplish the established objectives and plans.
- Participate offshore in the preparation and execution of the subsea operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement during planning and operation phase of the subsea operations.
- Keep overview of all external cost related to the planning and execution of the subsea operations.
- Minimum M.Sc. engineering degree or similar in scientific subjects.
- Experience within Drilling & Wells Subsea engineering or wellsite leadership positions.
- Good understanding of how digitalization will affect how we work.
- Complementing the current D&W subsea team with digitalization skills and CAD engineering capacity is desirable.
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both verbal and written.
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- We must improve to succeed in the future, so you must have a strong desire to always improve and work smarter.
- We make our decisions based on data, which is why you must be analytical and see the bigger picture.
- We constantly strive to help each other improve. If you are a good communicator, we will work well together.
- We work in a dynamic working environment. If you are flexible, you will like it here.
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. That’s why we are committed to providing you with varied experience and enhancing your expertise so you can build a CV for the future!
- We want the brightest minds, and the ones that believe in the objectives we are working towards. If you are one of them, we will offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to earn bonuses, a share savings programme and a good pension scheme.
- We know that good health and a good work-life balance are key factors for job satisfaction. That’s why we have good cafeterias, work-out facilities and flexibility – in both working hours and work location.
- We look after each other here. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Locations: Trondheim, Stavanger, Oslo. Please specify your preferred location in your application.
Application deadline: 02.04.2023.
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates. We ask that you enclose your diploma/grade transcript with your application.
Contact information: Inge Sundet – Inge.Sundet@akerbp.com
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
Om Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.