Senior Completion Engineer
21. august 2022Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
The objective of the role:
Perform completion technical engineering work in all phases of the well projects in close collaboration with asset, subsurface, projects, contractors and drilling superintendent, in order to ascertain safe and efficient operations. The position reports to D&W Asset Manager.
The position holder will demonstrate strong commitment to the HSSE and quality standards within Aker BP when carrying out the responsibilities of assurance and technical support for safe, efficient, and reliable operations within the framework of Business Management System, regulations, and standards. The position holder supports Aker BP common strategies and will take an active role in our digitalization / improvement agenda, finding smarter and better ways of working.
Aker BP provides exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidates.
Typical tasks will include:
- Provide accurate and timely D&W engineering deliveries to facilitate safe and reliable operations
- Feasibility reports of drilling options (exploration, appraisal and in?ll wells and projects).
- Statement of Requirements (SOR) / Concept Select report.
- Basis of Design documents for tubing stress/tubing design, ?uids, material evaluations etc.
- Develop and manage Risk Register.
- Seek and implement lessons from suppliers, other operators and within Aker BP
- Ensure continuous improvement during planning and operations.
- Completion Programs.
- AFE budget.
- Support ongoing operations, onshore and offshore.
- Participate in relevant morning calls and RAP meetings.
- Participate in drilling engineering duty work, onshore and offshore, if/when applicable Prepare well handover documentation.
- Final well report.
- Minimum M.Sc. degree or similar in scientific subjects.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in completion and well planning/operations.
- Experience with completion software packages is plus (WellCat, Completion String Design, Prosper, Torque and Drag).
- Fluent in Norwegian and English.
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- We constantly strive to help each other improve. If you are a good communicator, we will work well together.
- We must improve to succeed in the future, so you must have a strong desire to always improve and work smarter.
- We make our decisions based on data, which is why you must be analytical and see the bigger picture.
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. That’s why we are committed to providing you with varied experience and enhancing your expertise so you can build a CV for the future!
- We want the brightest minds, and the ones that believe in the objectives we are working towards. If you are one of them, we will offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to earn bonuses, a share savings programme and a good pension scheme.
- We know that good health and a good work-life balance are key factors for job satisfaction. That’s why we have good cafeterias, work-out facilities and flexibility – in both working hours and work location.
- We look after each other here. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Locations: Stavanger, Trondheim, Oslo. Please specify your preferred location in your application.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected.
Application deadline: 21.08.2022
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates. We ask that you enclose your diploma/grade transcript with your application.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
Om Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.