Senior Business Analyst- Investment & Performance
10. oktober 2022Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
The vision includes developing a Digital Business Unit that positions Aker BP as a digital catalyst and industry leader.
Through the relentless pursuit of value, we focus our attention on solving genuine problems for our business and our people, ensuring return on our investments.
We’re enabling the transformation of our business model by supporting the strategic direction of increasing production efficiency (PE), reduce carbon intensity, reduce OPEX and break-even cost and professionalising our ways of working internally and externally.
We are dedicated to ensuring that our digital choices are anchored with a business-outcome mindset. We will fuel our organisation’s speed and flexibility to respond to change by positioning the right people in the right place at the right time, with the right tools to succeed.
The Investment &Performance team develop and manage the digital investment planning and yearly capital allocation processes for our Digital Value Streams and Projects/Programs includes monitoring performance, value realisation, and optimising progress.
We are now looking for a forward leaning Senior Business Analyst who can drive and support the digital transformation activity in the underground area, i.e. drilling and wells, exploration and resource management.
The main areas of responsibility for the role are:
- Portfolio Goverence -Develop analyses and recommendation to ensure portfolio goverence to efficiently balance and prioritise activities against cost and value impact
- Opportunity Management -Enable the capture and analysis of our major product and platform investment and mature business cases throughout the product life cycle.
- Decision Authority -Establish decision gate logic for product/platforms with clear criteria to pass gates and drive a rolling sanctioning process
- Capital Allocation – Manage capital allocation in accordance with Aker BP`s Business Plan cycle.
The role will be the lead business resource for the digital underground activities.
The role reports to Investment & Performance Manager. The functional home will be in the Digital business unit.
The role will operate in a cross functional environment requiring the ability to combine understanding of
– Digital value models
– E&P business model
– Financial and commercial insights
Typical tasks will include:
- Build business cases and lead decision process for digital investments
- Monitor progress and drive performance of ongoing activities, including value outtake
- Manage capital allocation and ongoing budget management
- Regular interaction with the teams executing the digital program
- Regular interaction with functional leadership and performance teams in the underground business units
- Lead cross portfolio improvement activities, secure a commercial mindset and decrease investment risk
- Minimum Bachelor degree, either within Finance/Business Administration combined with E&P experience, or degree within technical discipline combined with Finance related experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Preferably knowledge of digital value models, alternatively keen interest to learn
- Preferably experience working in a complex matrix organisation and keen interest in cross functional collaboration
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Presentation and financial modelling skills
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both verbal and written
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- We are a technology company that produces oil, which is why it is an advantage if you are interested in digitalisation and new technology.
- We are part of an industry in rapid evolution, so it is important that you see opportunities rather than threats.
- We make our decisions based on data, which is why you must be analytical and see the bigger picture.
Together with the other Aker companies, we play an important role in the energy transition. If you believe that we can achieve this, we want to have you on our team.
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. That’s why we are committed to providing you with varied experience and enhancing your expertise so you can build a CV for the future!
- We want the brightest minds, and the ones that believe in the objectives we are working towards. If you are one of them, we will offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to earn bonuses, a share savings programme and a good pension scheme.
- We know that good health and a good work-life balance are key factors for job satisfaction. That’s why we have good cafeterias, work-out facilities and flexibility – in both working hours and work location.
- We look after each other here. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Application deadline: 10th October, 2022
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates. We ask that you enclose your diploma/grade transcript with your application.
Contact information: VP Digital Transformation Gunn-Elin Hellegaard email@example.com, Investment & Performance Manager Kjetil Brenna, firstname.lastname@example.org
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
Om Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.