Operations Geologist/Senior/Advanced Operations Geologist
29. februar 2024Søk her
Aker BP aims to be the exploration and production company of the future by transforming the way we work and operate. We are setting new standards by focusing on safe production and low emissions in the oil and gas industry.
We have big plans- do you want to join us?
Drilling & Wells is responsible for delivery of large project portfolio with total net resources of more than 700 million barrels of oil equivalents, and a comprehensive exploration campaign to support future organic growth. You will be reporting to D&W Manager in one of our Assets with the ambition to develop Aker BP to the next level and change the oil and gas industry. You will also have an active role in Aker BP’s improvement and digitalization agenda finding better and smarter ways of working.
In this role, you will be responsible for improve operational effectiveness and cost reduction during well planning and execution. Operations geology in AkerBP is organised within the D&W department so being a good communicator between the subsurface and drilling department to achieve common goals is of great importance.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Provide input to risk analysis, well design, data acquisition plan, geological evaluation and pore pressure prediction
- Geological supervision of drilling operations.
- Responsible for successful acquisition of data as detailed in Data Acquisition Plan, delivery of all Geological Deliveries to Subsurface teams including Daily Geological Report, monitoring and quality assurance of service provider deliverables
- Responsible for capturing lessons learned during operations to ensure continuous improvement within the company.
- Responsible for QC/ archiving of acquired data/reports and completion of Final Well report
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum M.sc. engineering/Geology degree or similar in scientific subjects.
- Experience in well planning and offshore operations
- Pore, fracture gradient and wellbore stability prognosis experience is of advantage
- Fluent in English and preferably fluent in Norwegian, both verbal and written
- Experience in Petrel, Gravitas or other relevant software is of an advantage
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- Our SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. Working with us means identifying with being Seekers, Accountable, Foreseeable, Engaged and Respectful.
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP. Working with us means wanting to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
- At Aker BP, we put safety first. When working with us, we expect you to do the same.
- You seek new perspectives, see new angels and possibilities for improvement.
- You have an interest in how data can be made available, interpreted, visualized, and used as a basis for various recommendations and decisions.
- You like to work in teams, and you are a good and effective communicator.
Our commitment to you:
- We are convinced diversity is an important element for success, and everyone in Aker BP should feel involved, included, and respected.
- We want you to develop. That’s why we are committed to providing you with varied experience and enhancing your expertise so you can build a CV for the future!
- We will offer you a competitive compensation package including a share savings program, and a solid pension scheme.
- We know that your health and a work-life balance are key factors for job satisfaction. That’s why we have good cafeterias, work-out facilities, and flexibility – in working hours.
- If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programs.
- Our offices have a universal design – accessible for all.
Locations: Oslo, Trondheim and Stavanger. Please specify your preferred location in your application.
Application deadline: 29.02.2024.
Contact information: Erik Sigvartsen – Erik.Sigvartsen@akerbp.com