IT Technical Engineer – Endpoint Responsible
11. juni 2023Søk her
Aker BP’s vision is to become the leading exploration and production company within oil and gas. We plan to achieve that by producing natural resources with low emissions and costs, while at the same time creating jobs, along with values for our owners and the broader society. Measured in production, we are one of the largest independent publicly listed oil companies in Europe. We have big plans for the future, which include further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
The CIC Workspace Experience team is part of the Corporate IT & Cyber Security department. The team are responsible for strategic and tactical governance of all Workspace deliverables in the company, purchasing of hardware, build and configuration, ranging from user devices to meeting rooms. We procure outsourced operational services as our standard, for operation and maintenance.
IT Technical Engineers manage these services, leading and overseeing successful delivery, including developing and improving the services, to enable business goals and fulfil consumer needs. They ensure that the services maintain a balance of value, cost and risk and manage the service’s life, including its portfolio. Also ensuring secure and stable operations, keep track of vendor changes and project activities. An IT Technical Engineer leverage a broad perspective (e.g., customer feedback, follow up suppliers etc.) to ensure the deliverables serves company needs, at the same time taking actions to enable user self-help/improvement and minimise friction.
This role will be process responsible for endpoint deliverables.
Typical tasks will include:
- Responsibility for endpoint deliverables to business.
- Change acceptance/User Acceptance, configuration management
- Understanding customer needs and ensure practices and services are fit with these needs
- Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with architects, vendors/strategic partners, and other stakeholders
- Collaborates with vendors to contextualise requirements and design, reviews what is being built/developed, tests and quality assures deliveries, follows-up performance, and contract fulfilment, evaluates suggested solutions from vendors.
- Coordinating with other delivery teams to ensure that services and practices will have an efficient outcome
- Monitors and ensure operations according to SLAs/OLAs and advises on support issues
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. Relevant experience can compensate for formal education
- Minimum 5 years’ experience delivering endpoint technology or similar
- Experienced in managing a mid-scale to complex delivery with mid to high-value contracts
- Knowledge and/or experience of change management, ITIL processes etc.
- Experience in stakeholder management, understanding real business needs, challenging assumptions, reconciling conflicting priorities, and securing sponsorship and buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Experience with vendor management., including responsibility for following up on contracts and vendor performance
- Fluent in English and Norwegian, both verbal and written
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- The SAFER values are the foundation for everything we do. If you want to work with us, you must identify with the values of being enquiring, responsible, predictable, committed and respectful
- Cooperation is the very core of Aker BP, and we are looking for people who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture
- We are a sector in the midst of evolution, so it is important that you see opportunities rather than threats
- We are a technology company that produces oil, which is why it is an advantage if you are interested in digitalisation and new technology
- We make our decisions based on data, which is why you must be analytical and see the bigger picture
- We have a lot of activities going on, and it’s important that you are structured and good at setting priorities
- We must improve to succeed in the future, so you must have a strong desire to always improve and work smarter
- We constantly strive to help each other improve. If you are a good communicator, we will work well together
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. That’s why we are committed to providing you with varied experience and enhancing your expertise so you can build a CV for the future!
- We want the brightest minds, and the ones that believe in the objectives we are working towards. If you are one of them, we will offer you a competitive salary, an opportunity to earn bonuses, a share savings programme, and a good pension scheme
- We know that good health and a good work-life balance are key factors for job satisfaction. That’s why we have good cafeterias, work-out facilities, and flexibility – in both working hours and work location
- We look after each other here. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Locations: Trondheim, Stavanger, or Oslo. Please specify your preferred location in your application.
Application deadline: 11.06.2023
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates. We ask that you enclose your diploma/grade transcript with your application.
Contact information: Arild Svahn Evjen
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.