Aker BP Graduate 2024 – Technical Safety Engineer
3. oktober 2023Søk her
Aker BP aim to become the leading oil and gas company by exploring and producing natural resources with low emissions and costs. Together with other Aker companies, we play an important role in the energy transition. Our future includes further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
We value diversity and everyone who works in Aker BP shall feel involved, included, and respected. We want everyone to thrive at work and develop in their roles, and are looking for you, who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
We have big plans – do you want to be part of them?
As a Technical Safety graduate you will be part of an inclusive and enthusiastic team that delivers support to our operated assets and ongoing projects with the aim to avoid major accident hazards. The role is a part of the Technical Safety team within Operation & Production.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Prepare and update safety related studies in cooperation with our suppliers.
- Participate in multidiscipline evaluations of hazards related to an activity or process to define required barriers and ensure an acceptable risk level.
- Follow up the functionality, integrity, and performance of barriers to control major accident risk on our installations.
- Support operations and projects in safety related questions, including understanding of standards and regulations. (e.g., the facilities regulations, NORSOK S-001 and ISO 13702)
- Structure and analyse available data and look for improved ways to work.
- You have recently graduated or will graduate in 2024 with an MSc within Petroleum, Risk Management, Risk Analysis, Asset Management, Technical / Social Safety or similar.
- You have maximum two years of relevant professional experience.
- Norwegian and English language working proficiency.
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- You identify with our SAFER- values; we are Seekers, Accountable, Foreseeable, Enthusiastic and Respectful.
- You want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture – collaboration is core in Aker BP.
- You are dependable and like to deliver what you have started.
- You are eager to develop your competence.
- You show initiative, like to work in teams and are a good communicator.
- You manage to deal with uncertainty, ambiguity and can prioritize workload and tasks.
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. We provide you a permanent position with varied experiences and will help broadening your competence – so you can build a CV for the future.
- We offer competitive salary, bonus based on company results, a share savings programme, and a good pension scheme.
- Work-life balance and health are key factors for job satisfaction. We have flexibility in working hours and work location, work-out facilities, available personal health care, different clubs for social and sport, and healthy varied lunch and snacks.
- We look after each other. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes.
- Our offices have focus on universal design – available for all.
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and hope that you will apply!
What does it mean to be a graduate in Aker BP:
- You will work closely with experienced professionals and gain experience and skills.
- You will develop through on-the-job training, seminars and graduate gatherings, courses, e-learning, and individual follow-up.
- You will learn about the industry and how we work in Aker BP.
- You will get a unique opportunity to build your network with current and recent graduates, our Young Professionals network, mentors and leaders across departments and disciplines.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript by 03.10.2023
If you are currently enrolled in a master’s program, you can send a preliminary grade transcript.
Please note that applications without a diploma/transcript will not be evaluated.
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates.
Contact information: Ine Jøssang Haugen – firstname.lastname@example.org
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Collaboration between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure, and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.