Aker BP Graduate 2024 – Electrical Engineer
3. oktober 2023Søk her
Aker BP aim to become the leading oil and gas company by exploring and producing natural resources with low emissions and costs. Together with other Aker companies, we play an important role in the energy transition. Our future includes further growth and a desire to improve the industry.
We value diversity and everyone who works in Aker BP shall feel involved, included, and respected. We want everyone to thrive at work and develop in their roles, and are looking for you, who want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture.
We have big plans – do you want to be part of them?
In the role of Graduate Electrical Engineer, you will be enrolled in our graduate program and be part of an enthusiastic team that is responsible for safe and efficient operation of the electrical systems on our offshore installations. Our engineers support the day-to-day operation and do minor engineering modifications. Often in a multidiscipline environment. We do also have electrical engineers in projects together with our alliance partners. There may be major modifications such as the replacement of a generator or major development projects. Some of our electrical engineers work centrally. They are responsible for tasks such as technology development, learning and development within the electrical discipline, verification activities, requirements, etc.
Typical work tasks can be:
As a Graduate Elektro, you will have the opportunity to rotate between operations, projects and central office. You will develop a good understanding of electrical engineering tasks and of the company. You will be able to take part in internal and external courses, but the most important thing is the knowledge development that takes place in your daily work together with skilled colleagues. Trips offshore are managed according to activities and needs, and as a graduate there will be good opportunities to travel offshore.
- You have recently graduated or will graduate in 2024 with an BSc/MSc within electrical power engineering or electronics.
- Interested in and knowledge about technology, machinery, processes, or information.
- A relevant craft certificate will count positive.
- English and Norwegian language working proficiency.
We think you will thrive in Aker BP if this resonates with you:
- You identify with our SAFER- values; we are Seekers, Accountable, Foreseeable, Enthusiastic and Respectful.
- You want to be part of our ONETEAM-culture – collaboration is core in Aker BP
- You are a self-starter and able to work independently
- You like to work in teams and are a good communicator
- You seek new perspectives, see new angels and possibilities for improvement
- You like to see the bigger picture and how things are connected
What we can offer you:
- We want you to develop. We provide you a permanent position with varied experiences and will help broadening your competence – so you can build a CV for the future
- We offer competitive salary, bonus based on company results, a share savings programme, and a good pension scheme.
- Work-life balance and health are key factors for job satisfaction. We have flexibility in working hours and work location, work-out facilities, available personal health care, different clubs for social and sport, and healthy varied lunch and snacks
- We look after each other. If something should happen to you, we will make sure you get help from the company health service and our insurance programmes.
- Our offices have focus on universal design – available for all
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and hope that you will apply!
What does it mean to be a graduate in Aker BP:
- You will work closely with experienced professionals and gain experience and skills.
- You will develop through on-the-job training, seminars and graduate gatherings, courses, e-learning, and individual follow-up.
- You will learn about the industry and how we work in Aker BP.
- You will get a unique opportunity to build your network with current and recent graduates, our Young Professionals network, mentors and leaders across departments and disciplines.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript by 03.10.2023
If you are currently enrolled in a master’s program, you can send a preliminary grade transcript.
Please note that applications without a diploma/transcript will not be evaluated.
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates.
Contact information: Per Helge Lillefosse – firstname.lastname@example.org
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Collaboration between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure, and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.