Advanced Digital Platform Manager
21. august 2022Søk her
Aker BP’s Digital Platform Managers determine and oversee the delivery of the strategy and roadmap for an integrated set of data platforms, such as contextualization engine (CDF), analytics platform (DWH) and domain integration layer, to achieve business outcomes, serve users’ needs and financial objectives.
At Aker BP we take pride in being different and welcome different views, mindsets, and competencies. We solve substantial challenges by working as OneTeam with our suppliers, alliances, land and sea. Cooperation is at the very core of what makes us successful, and we create good result using our strengths, while taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive work environment.
We have a clear ambition – to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We want to challenge standard practices in the oil and gas industry and believe our people are the key to being successful.
As a Digital Platform Manager – DataOps, you are a key enabler of this ambition;. You determine and oversee the delivery of the strategy and roadmap for key platforms to achieve business outcomes, serve users’ needs and financial objectives. You coordinate with an ecosystem of business, information, technology and vendor stakeholders to set priorities, manage new development and operations of the platform, as well as providing direction and oversight to vendors and/or teams working with vendor(s) to develop and operate the platform
This position will have its functional/competence home in the Digital/DataOps function.
DataOps is responsible for operationalizing the vision and strategy for data and information governance and management within Aker BP, enabling the ‘data as an asset’ vision and our ambition is to be recognized as a best-in-class competence center driving innovative use of data throughout the Aker BP enterprise ecosystem. Together with IT & Cyber Security, the Digital Transformation Program Eureka and Enterprise Architecture, we are the building blocks of the Digital corporate function in Aker BP.
Who you are
- You are driven to explore and think about what drives business growth and improvements using data and technology; creating and sharing a vision and strategy for an integrated set of data platform, such as contextualization engine (CDF), analytics platform (DWH) and domain integration layer.
- You lead with empathy to understand the customer’s pain points and wishes; leveraging that to understand what business/data/ technology capabilities and services the platform should offer to best serve and support.
- You can appreciate creating a strategy that is directly linked to platform users’ priorities/strategies.
- You can translate strategy into a holistic workable roadmap for the platforms, navigating around common pitfalls and collaborating with other stakeholders to bring all dependencies to light.
- You are interested in optimising, following up, and quality assuring deliveries from external vendors and balancing the need for cost efficiencies while still delivering value to your end-users.
- You can represent Aker BP’s interest in joint planning and roadmapping with vendors and manage dependencies, reconciling conflicting priorities and working within key stakeholders’ time constraints.
- You thrive when you communicate with people with different perspectives and priorities, building trust and buy-in for your strategy and roadmap.
- You enjoy managing team(s) and close collaboration with vendors to deliver value, continuously improving and using insight to understand how to improve adoption, usage, satisfaction and cost of the platform.
- You drive and enable key transformation activities to reach Aker BPs maturity ambitions regarding Data-as-an-Asset mindset.
- You contribute to the over all development of DataOps as best-in-class competence center.
How you will be successful
- You listen attentively and use empathy to understand what drives others.
- You believe in servant leadership and empowering those around you.
- You adapt communication to the audience’s needs and stimulate interest; influencing and inspiring people
- You use effective negotiation techniques to reach agreements on issues.
- You are motivated by collaborating and partnering with internal and external stakeholders.
- You can see big picture dependencies, and instinctively know how to win support for your ideas.
- You can influence, seeing the opportunities and understanding their implications.
- You are open to change and humble about not always knowing everything, so you ask.
- You feel commitment and ownership for your product and team; celebrating success, but also standing-up and taking accountability when the team needs it.
Opportunities you will get
- We facilitate an active internal job market where people are inspired and encouraged to take on new challenges and develop their competency one-the-job
- Empowerment, mandate and responsibility
- A #OneTeam performance culture
At Aker BP, we are convinced that diversity is an important element for success, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Locations: Stavanger, Oslo. Please specify your preferred location in your application.
Application deadline: 21.08.2022
Background checks will be performed, following consent from relevant candidates. We ask that you enclose your diploma/grade transcript with your application.
Contact information: Anne Lisæth Schøyen – firstname.lastname@example.org
We work every day at Aker BP to achieve safe, reliable and cost-efficient production of oil and gas, which is used for energy and the products we need.
We are willing to change, and we want to become leaders in performing even better tomorrow than we did today. While we continue to grow, we must produce with the least possible emissions and the lowest possible costs.
Cooperation between suppliers, alliances, onshore and offshore are the very heart of Aker BP. Together with the Aker companies and our partners, we solve broader challenges by combining the willingness to invest, digitalisation and new technology with the expertise of creative problem-solvers.
We achieve good results by utilising our strong sides, while at the same time taking care of each other in a safe, secure and inclusive working environment.
We call it ONETEAM – it’s not them or us – it’s we.
Om Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.